It is best to invest in a GIA certified diamond because of its objectivity, security and proper price setting.
Each diamond receives a qualification and pricing according to the 4C's ("carat", "colour", "clarity" and "cut"). But have you ever wondered who assesses these diamonds? In other words, how do you ensure that the diamond, presented to you by a vendor, with specifications "G" colour "VS1" purity actually has a G colour and VS1 clarity?
Let's assume you are interested in a 0.76 carat diamond with G colour and VS1 clarity. To assure yourself that the diamond was assessed correctly, you should bring it to 10 different diamond appraisers. These 10 people will give you at least five different assessments, which again may differ from the original. Does this mean that the original assessment was not correct? Certainly not, but then again, how do you compare diamonds and diamond prices in an objective way?
Opt for a certified diamond. The Gemological Institute of America is an independent organization that assesses diamonds and provides them with a proper certificate. GIA assessment is universally recognized and is regarded by all parties as the most accurate and unbiased opinion.
Prices of certified diamonds can be compared quite objectively. This way, you can be sure you are not comparing apples to oranges. At Baunat Diamonds, all diamonds are GIA certified.
The five advantages of investing in a GIA certified diamonds at a glance:
- You know exactly what you are buying. All important aspects of the diamond are described on the certificate.
- The seller knows exactly what he is selling to you and there is no chance of misunderstandings in the future.
- When a diamond comes with a GIA certificate, you don’t have to worry about getting a "fracture filled" diamond. These are diamonds with cracks in the surface, which are artificially filled to make the diamond look better than it really is. GIA does not certify diamonds with filled cracks.
- When a diamond comes with a GIA certificate, you don’t have to worry about a diamond with non-natural features. If the diamond is synthetic or treated (and therefore not 100% natural and less suitable for investment), it is clearly shown on the GIA certificate
- An investment in a GIA certified diamond provides certainty and value.
Baunat Diamonds only offers 100% natural diamonds, no treated or artificial in clarity enhanced diamonds. Baunat Diamonds chooses to never offer diamonds of inferior quality and only lets its diamonds certified by the three most prestigious laboratories in the world: GIA, HRD and IGI. Baunat Diamonds therefore dissociates itself from practices like self-written diamond certificates by less reputable labs.