In the BAUNAT showroom in Antwerp, clients are also welcome to purchase tax-free.
In this scenario a client prefunds the VAT, which will be refunded after the client has exported the purchased diamond (jewel) him/herself to a country outside the European Union.
- Client picks up the purchased diamond in Antwerp from where he or she exports the purchased diamond him/herself to a country outside the European Union.
The purchased diamond is delivered to an EU-country from where the client exports the purchased diamond him/herself to a country outside the European Union.
- The purchase invoice needs to be stamped by customs at the airport from where the client leaves the European Union.
- Right before check-in, the client provides customs with the following:
- Purchased diamond
- Invoice (mentioning the name of the client who will export the purchased diamond him/herself)
- Passport which proves the client is a non-EU resident
- A boarding pass proving the client is leaving the European Union
- Client sends the by customs stamped invoice to BAUNAT’s office
- BAUNAT refunds the VAT to the client.